This recipe is part of this menu and story.
Brussels Sprout & Apple Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
This is a great make-ahead salad for a fall dinner party. Feel free to add cheese (feta would be great) if you’re not serving vegans.
- 1 to 2 10-oz bags shaved brussels sprouts
- 2 to 3 Honeycrisp apples (sliced)
- Maple Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Handful pumpkin seeds (pepitas, roasted and salted)
- Handful dried currants (or cranberries or golden raisins)
- Fresh chives
- Fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Season well with kosher salt to taste.
To make dressing, you can whisk in a bowl or shake in a jar. You may have leftover dressing.
Add more lemon juice and chives before serving. Serves 8 to 10.